- Submit the application.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email instructing you on how to upload your supporting documents.
- CV, Personal statement, and Statement of research experience
- Transcripts: A set of your unofficial academic transcripts must be uploaded on your Admissions Profile. If admitted, official transcripts are required
- Letters of recommendation: You will need to provide contact information for 3 faculty members familiar with you to be contacted for a recommendation letter
- International Students: Must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores to comply with the University's English Language Proficiency Requirements. The University's institution code is: 6681. Automatic waivers of this requirement are granted for persons who have completed a bachelor's degree (or higher) at an accredited university in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada (excluding French Quebec), Africa (English Speaking), Australia, or New Zealand.
- Application fee & deadline
- Application deadline: is December 1st for best consideration with final deadline of January 1st. Complete applications will be reviewed by these dates (completed applications include all required materials).
- Application fee: The program will reimburse the application fee for all candidates selected and who complete an admissions interview. (Fee waivers, including financial hardship, are available.)
- The University of Iowa: Quick Facts
- Office of International Students
- After initial committee review of complete applications (all pieces submitted, including letters of recommendation), select applicants will be contacted by email and invited for an interview. Normally, those interviews would be conducted on campus. Due to the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, Program Directors and administrators are working to develop plans that may include both virtual and on-site activities. If they occur, any on-site activities would be optional, and should an applicant choose not to visit campus in person, that will not affect the admission decision.
** There is no GRE requirement for this graduate program. **