National Competitive Fellowships
Students are encouraged to apply for national competitive fellowships. Launching your search for graduate student funding can feel overwhelming. UI Grad Success staff, located in 415 Gilmore Hall with Zoom appointments available, provides funding consultations and proposal reviews. Book an appointment here.
Award recipients, who are successful in obtaining a competitive fellowship, may be eligible for a stipend supplement via the Supplement for External Fellowship Program and the Fellowship Incentive Program.
- NIH NRSA
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP)
- NSF Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Grants (DDIG)
- American Heart Association Predoctoral Fellowship
- National Defense Science & Engineering Graduate Fellowship
- National Consortium for Graduate Degrees for Minorities in Engineering & Science (GEM)
- Ford Foundation Fellowship Programs
- Fulbright Program For U.S. Students
- American Association of University Women
- SfN's Neuroscience Scholars Program (multi-year fellowship for underrepresented and diverse graduate students)
- NIH Blueprint Diversity Specialized Predoctoral to Postdoctoral Advancement in Neuroscience (D-Span)